Blizzard 2010

The biggest single snow during my 17+ years in Minnesota comes 2 weeks before the solstice and the true beginning of winter. Here it is 2 days removed from the end of the snowfall and the city plows are still behind in clearing more than a single car path down the street. The allies are somewhat passable as long there are no cars stuck in the middle of it. At the height of the blizzard Saturday afternoon I had the task of getting my son who was just under a mile away. The truck was snowed in so I strapped on the snowshoes, grabbed a sled and started out walking against the wind. When we arrived back home he exclaimed; "that was awesome, I will never forget this blizzard." I am sure he won't. When the sun came up on Sunday we had one objective beyond shoveling out the canyons that are the sidewalks. With many great piles of snow to choose from we had to make snow caves. And now, Monday 12/13, the schools have called off classes for the day. First snow day in years. That is ok, it gives us more of a chance to go play in it during the daytime hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment